PHALANX (Ancient Greek: φάλαγξ; plural phalanxes or phalanges, φάλαγγες, phalanges) was a rectangular mass military formation composed of heavy infantry armed with spears, pikes, kopis and the aspis shield. The term was used to describe this formation in warfare. The phalanx may be deployed for battle, on the march, or even camped, thus describing the mass of cavalry that would deploy in line during battle. In tightly knit formation the warriors moved in rhythm forward, working as one entity.
High Pressure Receiver System
- Receiver Body: Manufactured from AISI 4140 with all machining completed post vacuum hardened heat treatment process with a HRC of 45.
- Breech Cylinder: Manufactured from super alloy-Aermet 100 with all machining completed post age hardened heat treatment process with a HRC of 50.
- Bolt: Manufactured from super alloy-Aermet 100 with all machining completed post age hardened heat treatment process with a HRC of 52.
- Integral 40 MOA base.
- Integral recoil lug.
- M16 Style Extractor: Manufactured from AISI 4340 with all machining completed post vacuum hardened heat treatment process with a HRC of 44.
- Firing Pin: Manufactured from AISI 4140 with all machining completed post vacuum hardened heat treatment process with a HRC of 47. Firing pin tip is .062” with .055” of protrusion through .063” opening in boltface.
- 3 lug design with 60 degree bolt throw of which only 10 degrees above horizontal.
- Utilizing a Timney Howa 1500 compatible trigger design eliminates cumbersome trigger pins. Replacing multiple pins with a singular allen cap screw allows for simplified trigger removal for maintenance.
- Heavily modified LARS chassis manufactured by Hoplite Arms.
- Integral RRS dovetail with multiple end user adjustable hard stop locations. Enabling end users to limit the amount of rail travel for specific clamps or attachments.
- Manufactured from 7075 T6 aluminum.
- Ergo Grip zero angle grip.
- Tool-less length of pull and cheek piece adjustments.
- Adjustment brackets are contained with internal tracks, eliminating excessive bracket movement as well as eliminating the possibility of the backet to become disengaged from chassis while adjusting.
- Tool-less adjustment for recoil pad height and angle placement.
- Limited rotational flushcups.
- Unique Chassis design allows for trigger removal without removal of barreled action from the chassis.
- Lay flat folding buttstock is end user configurable, folding either left or right with the removal of one allen cap screw.
- Simple and rugged folder engagement mechanism with a manual type locking mechanism.
Precision Match Grade Barrel System
- Match grade barrel chambered and threaded on modern cnc machines.
- Barrel and reamer specifications will be dependent on whether the user wants to utilize jacketed or monolithic projectiles.
- Each barrel will be specified and optimized to match the users projectile type of choice.
- Hoplite Arms High Pressure Cartridges.
- 375 Krypteia (Currently T&E)
- 416 Krypteia (Currently T&E)
- BMG Boltface (Production Level)
- 50 BMG
- 416 Barrett
- 460 Steyr